Search Unity

Unity Plus with Perforce integration?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fisj, Aug 15, 2016.

1. fisj

fisj

Does Unity Plus have perforce integration like Pro? Please note I'm not referring to the addon "P4Connect" (which appears to have serious issues). I've searched high and low, and even emailed Unity directly asking about this, to no avail.

Anyone?

2. JakeTurner

JakeTurner

Unity Technologies

It should do. Have you tried it and having problems with it?

3. Kelstek

Kelstek

Before I subscribe to Plus (year minimum), is it possible to absolutely confirm this?

It would be helpful if "Integrated Version Control" were listed on the comparison checkboxes here:
    https://store.unity.com/

4. captainpickle

captainpickle

I can say for certain that the personal edition does not support integrated perforce, and there's no version control support listed in the license comparison pages.

5. jdrewsen

jdrewsen

Unity Technologies

6. fisj

fisj

I just installed 5.4.0f3, and can confirm integrated perforce functionality works in personal. This should really be made more widely known, because this is actually a _very_ big deal. Thank you Unity for adding this feature in for devs across the board. It will encourage better game development practices for everyone.

7. James_Initus

James_Initus

I'll try checking my version later, however, my options are greyed out for version control. Do I need to install a Perforce integration tool in order for this option to appear?

8. James_Initus

James_Initus

..with version 5.3.4f1 my Version Control Mode shows 5 options, the first two are Hidden/Visible Meta files and the remaining 3 options are greyed out.