Search Unity

Unity Plus License Problem - serial has reached the maximum number of activations.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Fronne, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Fronne

Fronne

Hi,

I have a problem with my license for the third time now in 4 or 5 years, the first time when I upgraded from Win7 to Win10, the second time with a major Win10 update and now because I replaced my old 7200 RPM HDD with a SSD. I was busy for over two hours but couldn't fix it so far, Mr. Google couldn't help because most suggestions are outdated or did not work...

I think, I can aspect from a HiTec company like Unity a much better way to handle these license issues, and good documentation how to act in such cases, just my $0,02...

I tried to fix the problem in the dashboard but ended up with "3 x Unity Teams Advanced Promotion" set instead of fixing the license issue...

Please help me to fix this issue(s) ASAP and consider a smooth way to handle these issues in the future, almost every WordPress plugin I have, handles this in a simple and effective manner, you can do better than that...

This message was sent to Unity Support (Customer Services Team) two days ago but I didn't receive an answer yet. A ticket (#907090) was assigned so I don't understand why it takes so long for an answer...

Can somebody PLEASE help me with this problem, I pay for the Unity Plus Subscription every month for about six years now, so I think some support for a problem caused by replacing a hard disk for a newer one is something that should be solved fast.

Many thanks in advance,
    Cheers,

Fronne

Unity License 1 Forum.png Unity License 2.png

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You just go to "Settings -> My Account -> My Seats" and scroll down to Activation. Delete the old activation there. If you don't know which one to delete, just delete all of them. At that point you can reactivate.

Fronne and Moonjump like this.
  3. Fronne

Fronne

Thank you very much! That worked perfect...
    Karma +10

Cheers!

Joe-Censored likes this.