Search Unity

Unity Plugin not working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by blunt99, May 27, 2006.

1. blunt99

blunt99

So i've tried both widgets and the browser plugin, but neither work...

I have 1.6 Ghz PowerBook G4 with 1.5GB of ram. When I try and load a unity widget or webpage with the unity plugin, I get a "unity loading" message in the plugin area, and after a few seconds, it goes away and I'm left with a blank area. Checking the activityMonitor reveals that the widget (or browser) is "not responding" but is using a good chunk of CPU time. I have to force quite the offending process.... anyone see similar behavior? have an idea why it is doing this?

Thanks

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

You should report this possible bug using the Report Bug app. Around Unity 1.2 FireFox stopped working completely with the Unity web player for me. I always open up all Unity web player stuff in Safari now which works great, but it would be nice to see all the OSX browsers work with the Unity plug-in.

3. Morgan

Morgan

The 1.2 Web player works for me when I try examples people have posted... but not when I try my own Built creation.

Then it says "Downloading Unity Player" and seems (looking in Safari's Activity Viewer) to be trying to load an old 1.1 plugin, instead of using the 1.2 one. But the 1.2 is clearly loaded, since it's what is telling me it's downloading...

Is that normal? I stopped it because I don't want a "downgrade" to 1.1.

4. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

A small hickup in the web player upload. Will be fixed in a couple of minutes.

5. Morgan

Morgan

FYI - it still happens for me: the new plugin tries (according to Activity Viewer) to download a 1.1 plugin (which I cancel).

My creations (1.2 )play fine when I'm offline, but if there's an Internet connection, that happens. (Is it possible to opt out of auto-updating of the plugin?)

6. Morgan

Morgan

Problem went away :) Maybe my plugin had to dump some cached data.