Search Unity

Unity - Please learn that communication is important

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by emrys90, Mar 24, 2018.

1. emrys90

emrys90

It seems like the Unity developers never go to this forum anymore. We rarely see any replies from them on issues presented here. If the AI developers are busy working on other tasks at the moment (such as possibly integrating it with the ECS and job system?) that would be fine. We need communication though. Just give us an update every now and then letting us know the issues we run into will be eventually resolved.

Otherwise, let us know that this feature has been abandoned and that we should look to the asset store for alternatives.

joshcamas and JBR-games like this.
  2. christougher

christougher

Public shaming of Unity doesn't work round here... But since no one from Unity actually reads this forum...

3. joshcamas

joshcamas

It would be extremely nice if Unity just said "Hey friends, we're too busy to work on Navmesh", I completely agree.

It honestly feels like they've completely dropped Navigation.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Hi, Unity staff are tied up working and will generally respond to beta forum issues so that they have more time to work. The way to reach staff *outside* of beta is to channel through QA who will pass it on, that means if something is not behaving correctly - and it's not your code - then there is only one rule for that and it's to submit a bug report. If you have a bug report and it is not addressed, then feel free to resubmit.

That's the way you get to them and it's proven to work for genuine cases.

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

It doesn't work against logical people, no :)

Persistent bug reports very much do work.

6. joshcamas

joshcamas

The problem is not with bugs, it's with unfinished features and such.

EDIT: My problems are not with bugs. I cannot say others do not have issues