Search Unity

unity player web badge

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Deleted User, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Is there an official Unity web badge (which would point to the Unity web player download page) that I can place on web sites that use the Unity web player?

2. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

As the new guy here at OTEE I've recently wondered the same thing. I don't believe there is an official download badge nor any guidelines for how to instruct the user to install the player. This is something I'll be discussing with others in the office so we can decide on official artwork and how to present that to the user. In the meantime you might follow the Unity Web Player download page model: http://unity3d.com/unitywebplayer.html

When we have something "official" we'll make sure to have it visible on the site and make a post here on the forums.

3. Sync1B

Sync1B

On the same note a official and slick prerendered animation with the unity logo would be great for opening credits.

Bill

4. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

I've thought of that as well, we'll see how it pans out. :)

5. StarManta

StarManta

Prerendered would be a bad idea - huge downloads. An nVidia-like realtime animation would be great though.

6. Cav

Cav

i'll agree with the above!

7. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Obviously any such animation would need to be (a) small in file size, and (b) entirely optional to use. But let's start a different thread on this topic if it's of interest, I don't want into animation chatter buried under a heading about install badges. :)

8. gecko

gecko

It would be great if there was a version like the "Made with Macromedia" graphic, with a transparent bg to put on a web page.