Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Unity Player Accounts Closed Beta Recruitment

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by chengg_unity, Mar 8, 2023.

1. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello everyone!

We’ve just launched our closed beta for Unity Player Accounts, our flagship Unity-branded player sign-in solution for Authentication. You can now offer your players a seamless sign-in experience that is persistent across platforms, devices and games. It’s an end-to-end account system that includes a user flow UX, email and password, and third party sign-in options.

We've been hard at work building out more of the features that you've been asking for across Unity Gaming Services and are now looking for some Authentication users to enter our closed beta for this new player sign-in product.

There are limited spaces, but if you are interested and are happy to provide some feedback please register your interest on the Player Accounts Beta Registration Form.

Thank you,
    Avnish (avnishb_unity) / Cheng

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  2. MousePods

MousePods

Can you use username/password for privacy?

3. CoolBeanz7

CoolBeanz7

Is there an estimated date for when this will move into open beta? This announcement was honestly exciting enough for me to make my first community post to ask!

SebT_Unity likes this.
  4. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, you can use a username and password, as well as login with 3rd party sign-in

MousePods likes this.
  5. CristiAB_PF

CristiAB_PF

With this new update would be possible to use "Google/Apple sign in" on both webGl and native app (ios/android)?

The unknown for me here is that in both cases, Google and Apple, the sign in done on native and webGl will return two tokenIds, both with identical "sub" but different "aud" because the web apps have different ids than native apps.
    These will result in two different user in UGS that have no connection even if the web and native apps in Google/Apple are in the same project.

Is this on your list? Because is killing the cross-platform support :(. Even if the user+pass sounds good, is easier to do the login using Google or Apple sign in.

CoolBeanz7 and MousePods like this.
  6. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

We are planning to move into Open Beta in mid-June!
    Here's a sneak peek from GDC (~11mins 20 seconds).

You can view Unity Player Accounts as an identity provider similar to Facebook/Google. It has cross-platform support. It doesn't not support WebGL yet, but it is on our roadmap. Please refer to the above link for a short demo.

CoolBeanz7 and SebT_Unity like this.
  7. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

Small correction here. Unity Player Accounts supports email/password, Google and Apple Sign In.

White-labelled Username and Password is coming soon to Unity Authentication, stay tuned!

8. MousePods

MousePods

Will this work with webgl? You mentioned UPA is on the roadmap for webgl, but is username/pass coming to webgl?

Also, when you say its on the roadmap, could this mean a year or a few months?

Thanks

9. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

We are adding Username & Password support to the Authentication SDK. WebGL will be supported. So as a developer, you can enable your players to sign up/sign in to your game with username and password. We are planning to release this feature in June/July.

UPA's WebGL support is one of our top roadmap items, the target release date could be in a few months, but since it is still in closed beta, the priority can shift.

saskenergy and MousePods like this.
  10. MousePods

MousePods

Quick Follow-up: Will we be able to add our own UI to our game for the user to add their username/password in the app unlike what I saw in the video for UPA where they are taken to Unity’s site?

Thanks!

11. Nivagia

Nivagia

Will this authentication method be also free of charge like the others e.g SignInWithGoogle SignInWithApple?

12. aliwebconsultant

aliwebconsultant

Hello Unity Officials,
    I am using Unity Player Accounts Beta with Unity Authentication.
    Everything is working perfectly.
    But I was wondering how can I do auto login when player is signed in once. I tried a way to store AccessToken with player prefs but The Token expired after some time. So is here any other property I can use for it. If not then Kindly add some permanent token for PlayerId so We can create auto Signin.

13. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

You use the
    SignInAnonymously
    method of the AuthenticationService for this. You first check if there is a session token and if yes, you use that. Otherwise you start the UPA flow.

For my game, the flow is like this:
    upload_2023-7-6_14-38-23.png

I do the step
    Save Access Token
    because of a visual scripting solution I use to which I can’t directly pass values, so I need to store it in between.

chengg_unity likes this.
  14. aliwebconsultant

aliwebconsultant

Hello,
    My auto login system is working perfectly. But I am having another issue player accounts is not working on webgl build. When I click on my button ut does not go to link where the player have to login.

15. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

WebGL is not yet supported I assume. @chengg_unity do you have more information on the timeline?

16. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

You are right, WebGL is not currently supported yet and we don't have a timeline yet.

17. sathya

sathya

Can the user log login to multiple devices with the same id simultaneously? We don't want to block this behaviour as it might cause a currency mismatch and other stats mismatch. Is it possible to reject login on second device as long as if the user is logged in any primary device.

18. jordimeije

jordimeije

Hello @chengg_unity! I hope it is 'bad' to come back to subjects after such a while, but I am just now testing Player Accounts for the first time, and also noticed I get an error on the WebGL builds using Player Accounts. I couldn't find a roadmap with the subject of Player Account-support for WebGL. Is it already supposed to be working, meaning I'm doing something wrong myself, or is it still not on the roadmap a year later?