Search Unity

Unity Player - Access violation writing location 0x0000000000000038

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by L42yB, Jun 11, 2019.

1. L42yB

L42yB

I am getting a crash in the Unity Player when playing our game. I've looked into it but I'm at a loss as to what might be causing it.

This issue only happens in the Development build of the game. It does not happen in the editor or in the release build.

It is also very inconsistent, the timing of when it crashes changes, but I am able to repro it fairly consistently.

This is the stack trace when I catch it with the debugger:

> UnityPlayer.dll!block_remove() Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!tlsf_free() Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!DynamicHeapAllocator<class LowLevelAllocator>::TryDeallocate(void *) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!DelayedPointerDeletionManager::CleanupPendingMainThreadPointers(void) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!DualThreadAllocator<class DynamicHeapAllocator<class LowLevelAllocator> >::Allocate(unsigned __int64,int) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!MemoryManager::Allocate(unsigned __int64,unsigned __int64,struct MemLabelId const &,enum AllocateOptions,char const *,int) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!MemoryManager::Reallocate(void *,unsigned __int64,unsigned __int64,struct MemLabelId const &,enum AllocateOptions,char const *,int) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!realloc_internal(void *,unsigned __int64,unsigned __int64,struct MemLabelId const &,enum AllocateOptions,char const *,int) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!dynamic_array_detail::dynamic_array_data::grow(unsigned __int64,unsigned __int64) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!CanvasBatchIntermediateRenderer::AddSubBatch(struct DrawBuffersRange const &,class ShaderPropertySheet const *) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!UI::Canvas::DrawIntermediateRenderer(struct UI::Batch &,class Matrix4x4f,int,class Camera *,unsigned short) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!UI::Canvas::EmitWorldGeometry(class Camera *,unsigned short &,bool) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!UI::CanvasManager::EmitWorldScreenspaceCameraGeometry(enum UI::CanvasManager::CanvasCameraRenderType,int) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!`UI::InitializeCanvasManager'::`2'::UIEventsCanvasmanagerEmitOnScreenGeometryRegistrator::Forward() Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!`InitPlayerLoopCallbacks'::`2'::postLateUpdatePlayerEmitCanvasGeometryRegistrator::Forward() Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!ExecutePlayerLoop(struct NativePlayerLoopSystem *) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!ExecutePlayerLoop(struct NativePlayerLoopSystem *) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!PlayerLoop(void) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!PerformMainLoop() Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!MainMessageLoop() Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!UnityMainImpl(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,wchar_t *,int) Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!UnityMain() Unknown
    Game.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() Unknown
    kernel32.dll!BaseThreadInitThunk() Unknown
    ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart() Unknown

The stack trace is always the same, regardless of the timing of when it happens. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I don't know how else to proceed with figuring this one out.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. L42yB

L42yB

Any help with this one would be greatly appreciated... I am unsure what steps I can take next.

3. L42yB

L42yB

We are on an older version of unity right now (2018.3.0f)
    But I updated to 2019.1 and this crash still happens, so it occurs in the latest version.
    I have no unsafe code in any of my C# scripts. I have also disabled all threading that I was doing, but it still happens.