Search Unity

Unity Player Access Violation crash and GetGFXDevice bugs

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Flokami, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Flokami

Flokami

Hello I have crashes and problems from Unity 2018.3.1f1.
    In the editor I frequently get a error message in console :
    GetGFXDevice() should only be called from main thread
    This is frequently the cause of my crashes in editor.

And in the player I have this error :
    Read from location 0000000000000000 caused an access violation.
    The crash dump is in join.

My configuration (And it was changed recently and errors still persist) :
    i7 8700k
    Gtx 1070
    16 Gb RAM
    Gigabyte Z370 hd3p

The crash still persist through different computers and even with the build on multiple computer.
    I've tested multiple unity version too, but all from the 2018.3/2018.2 branch.
    I really need help with that, It's for a professionnal project and I can't make a game with this crashes in it. Hope there have a solution somewere, I've looked a lot of post already and I found nothing that helped me. (Anyway sorry for my terrible english I'm French and I don't want to use traductions tools :p)

Attached Files:

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Could you please submit a bug-report, including a project to reproduce the issue, as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

Submitting a bug-report allows Unity Technologies to take a look at this issue.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. You can post this Case number (the number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up, in case they see it.

3. Flokami

Flokami

I will try to do this when I will have a better connexion.
    For more info into this it seems that it's linked with my grass shader and the deffered rendering mode. To render my grass I have a mesh that contains a lot of vertices and all the grass is shader generated. I grab this shader online but modified it a lot. I will try to test the base shader to see if it happen again.

4. Flokami

Flokami

Okay afet more testing the grass way was not good, I got more informations about this anyway. In the editor when enabling the warnings I can see this is clearly linked with that : "Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak" and "To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations" it happens just after the "GetGfxDevice() should only be called from main thread" error, and it cause freeze and maybe my crashes. So I still don't find what or why I have this but this is the last news I have. I really need help on that please.