Search Unity

Question Unity Play Mode not Connecting to Oculus Quest 2

Discussion in 'VR' started by shum88, Jan 20, 2023.

1. shum88

shum88

My Oculus Quest won't reflect Unity play mode. I was able to connect Oculus Link with my laptop and Quest 2.
    I was able to run play mode on my Quest 2 with the same link cable on my desktop.
    I created a new project on my Laptop for testing Unity play mode on my Oculus.
    I was able to build apk file.

Laptop: ThinkPad P1 G5
    Unity Version: 2021.3.0
    Quest 2: Updated

What I have done:
    Project setting: XR Plug-in Management
    Test to check and uncheck Oculus under Android and Windows, Mac, and Linux setting
    Restart Quest 2, Unity, Unity Hub
    I tried other things from Unity Form but still not working...
    I also follow this form
    [Solved] Unity 2020 + Oculus Link Cable + Oculus App Can't Start Test + Unable to Start Oculus XR Plugin - Unity Answers

Any solution?
    Thank you!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  2. DualOnGames

DualOnGames

Perhaps your project is not set up properly.
    Sometimes starting a new project fixes the problem.
    Make sure that Open XR in the PC tab and Oculus in the android tab are enabled.
    Also check that all the XR components have the scripts they need.
    I made this video of the whole process, hopefully it helps!

Railon23 and TigerHix like this.
  3. shum88

shum88

Thank you so much for the reply and the video link but I prefer not use OpenXR. I am hoping I can do without OpenXR. Awesome tutorial!!
    I just tried with OpenXR for just test but still not connecting...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  4. DualOnGames

DualOnGames

So, I have not tested it yet but you can just use oculus where I use open xr.

markseo0424 likes this.
  5. DualOnGames

DualOnGames

I think it should work anyway

6. DualOnGames

DualOnGames

Ok, I did test it, it does seem to work. However, there are slight differences in using Oculus instead of OpenXR.
    In my test the controllers did not seem to work. I think the solution to that is to go into the Action Map, and change everything to be specifically Oculus controllers

Just set every input to the most specific you can get eg. XR Controller -> Oculus Touch Controller -> Oculus Touch Controller Left Hand -> [action]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  7. shum88

shum88

I genuinely appreciate you testing this. I also tested followed your video everything exact, but it did not work.
    My problem is I can go to Quest Link Dashboard. However, I can't connect to the Unity play mode. I can see the Unity Editor when I click the Desktop icon on the Oculus link dashboard, but I cannot interact with anything on my desktop through Quest 2. So, I think something wrong with connecting the Unity editor and the Oculus.

8. DualOnGames

DualOnGames

I'm sorry, I don't know what the problem is. Have you tried restarting your PC? or maybe updating unity to 2021.3.11?

9. DualOnGames

DualOnGames

Also, if you are using a cable, maybe try Air Link instead?

10. shum88

shum88

Yes, I did all. I did restart the laptop, and Oculus headset used Air Link, changed the cable, and tried it with 2021.3.16 LTS, reinstalling Unity, and Unity Hub, Oculus Software, but still the play mode not connecting x(

11. DualOnGames

DualOnGames

I'm sorry, I don't know what could be wrong. Maybe you should report this as a bug...

12. marcgalvez23

marcgalvez23

Did you try the solution of the thread you have shared?

I mean, running the OculusDriver.exe in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers.

13. euniqueism

euniqueism

Hi there,
    thank you so much for sharing. I utilized this method (OpenXR and XR interaction toolkit) and they worked out well. But I am currently utilizing UltimateXR interaction toolkit, still have not got any luck yet. I am wondering if you have any insight about that as well? Thanks!

14. euniqueism

euniqueism

Hi, thank you for sharing. I did try it before but did not work on my end:(( I am using ultimateXR toolkit for my project. The UltimateXR developer walked me through a lot of things but still did not work for some reasons.