Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

unity personal --> unity pro?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by viher, Mar 7, 2015.

1. viher

viher

Hi
    I have a question
    So if I start making a game (game A) whit unity personal and another game of my gets 100.000$ a year (game B) ... I need to start useing unity pro... But can I than finish game A (which I started whit unity personal) whit unity pro?

Nothing of that is real but I'm asking if something like that would happen...
    Better to check before I start
    It's better to be safe than sorry :)

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  2. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Of course. Now even more than ever. The difference between Pro and Personal is "merely" in extra services and the restriction of 100.000$ per year. The amount of money you or your company makes - no matter the project - is important. So even if you don't make games at all - if you make over 100.000$/year and want to release anything with Unity you need to buy a license for everyone in your team working with Unity and every plattform.

Though I imagine that this is a rather minor problem with an income above 100.000$. :)

(disclaimer) a forum post like this one will never be binding legal advice.

3. blizzy

blizzy

Are you sure about that? From Unity's EULA:

the_motionblur likes this.
  4. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Do I have a disclaimer in post? ;)

5. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Yes, it's totally fine to move up from using Personal to using Professional - that's what we want to happen when your game becomes a smash hit :)

6. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

That stuff about day jobs not counting is new in 5.0. It was always this weird grey area previously.

Glad to see it cleared up.