Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Personal clarifications

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allensandiego, Aug 4, 2018.

1. allensandiego

allensandiego

Hi,

I recently started to learn Unity and is now planning of building a few simple game apps. I wanted to clarify a few things to avoid any violations.

I read the statement below here.

"Please note: Use of Unity Personal is subject to certain limitations.

If your company currently makes more than $100k in annual gross revenues or has raised funds in excess of $100k, you are not permitted to use Unity Personal, for prototyping or otherwise, as defined in our EULA Agreement. You may use Unity Plus for up to $200k in annual gross revenues, or Unity Pro with an unlimited revenue or fundraising capacity."

My questions are:

1. I work as a Systems Analyst/Programmer for an organization that makes more than 100k USD per year. However, this organization has nothing to do with Unity or Games. Additionally, I am an Android Developer hobbyist and I want to lean Unity and will be using it on a personal level. Do I need to get the Pro license or can I use the Personal edition?

2. As of now, I don't plan to use In-App purchases for games built using Unity. I plan to use just Ads with Admob etc. I doubt I'll be making 100k USD per year. Does this mean I can use Personal edition for as long as I'm not making more than 100k USD (which will probably be forever)?

Appreciate any feedback.

2. QFSW

QFSW

Yes and yes

3. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Elsewhere, they go into more detail. Emphasis mine:

4. allensandiego

allensandiego

Thanks.

angrypenguin likes this.