Search Unity

Unity Pathways how Should I take notes?

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by DragonFace01, Feb 19, 2021.

1. DragonFace01

DragonFace01

I Just Started the unity pathways and plan to finish them but one thing is there is lots of good information that is not engine-related I have read stuff where I should learn something then use it in the engine to get good at it. But what about the information that is still important but I can't practice it in the engine. Should I take notes like in school or should I just write the topics down to review later or google later cause a lot of people say google is my friend. Any ideas or opinions would be helpful, Thank You.

2. Yeoman742

Yeoman742

I've done the Pathway Foundation and found it very helpful, and about half-way through Junior Programmer (stuck on providing my own game info). The course gives you great hands on projects which you can take each of them to a new level based on your own experience. Since most of the projects are repetitive you most likely not to need to write things down. But if you have a game idea that uses a special view like 2 1/2 d or 3/4 view whatever they call it now, you might want to write down how you did it, so when you start your game, that part will be easy. Being a c# programmer, I can tell you that anything and everything you want in your game has already been done, you just have to find example code and repurpose it for your game. Yes, Google will be your friend and has plenty of c# code out there, along with blueprint/cookbook books that will help.

DragonFace01 likes this.