Search Unity

Bug Unity packages importing incorrectly?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Umberman12, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Umberman12

Umberman12

Multiple files within my unity project seem to just be incomplete, deleting them and re-importing them via the unity package manager brings up the same results, i've completely re-installed unity, run unity in admin mode, even gotten the same, working packages from a friend, copied them over the afflicted packages, and then unity will just overwrite my fixed versions.
    Any help is appreciated

Attached Files:

2. evyatron

evyatron

That is very odd! I would try
    1. Close Unity
    2. Delete the physical packages cache (the actual files)
    3. Open Unity (let it re-download and import everything)
    4. Check the console for any errors - maybe open the Unity Editor Log file to be sure
    You could maybe also check if you happen to have any Antivirus program running - maybe it's acting up?

3. Umberman12

Umberman12

I still have this issue but a work-around is to somehow get the package files from someone else and then create a different place to put the packages than your main unity folder and use them from the disk, rather than the ones unity downloads

I still don't know why it's giving me cut up code in the downloads but any help on that front would be appreciated, I have to re-import my packages via my disk copy every time I pull for a project i'm working on, and pulls happen quite frequently.

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Try to enter the C:\Users\ComputerName\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\ folder and delete the files inside the two "packages.unity.com" folders inside the parent folders there.

This should reset all libs Unity has downloaded. You may try erase everything there as well that may be related to the issue (but maybe make a backup as i have not tested the stability of that)

Also before open Unity, erase all files in Library folder of the project, to rebuild them