Search Unity

Unity Package Manager Error

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by mown90, Feb 12, 2020.

1. mown90

mown90

Hello guys

Am unable to open unity due to the package manager issue that is happening with a lot of people, the error is :
    Failed to start the Unity Package Manager local server process. Make sure the process [C:/Program Files/Unity/2019.3.0f6/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/Server/UnityPackageManager.exe] is not blocked by your unti-virus configuration

I don't have an anti-virus, i stopped windows firewall, i don't use proxy, i don't have unity proxy environment settings, i tried to re-install it worked for the first lunch and after that the problem happened again, am using windows 10, and am so disappointed too

diagnostic_report_Wed_02_12_2020__62503_71
    4 out of 6 checks passed:
    [
    {
    "name": "UPM registry reachable",
    "description": "Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry",
    "result": "PASS",
    "detail": "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\nX-Powered-By: Express\nProvider: Genesis\nDate: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 03:25:06 GMT\nConnection: close"
    },
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM registry",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API",
    "result": "WARNING",
    "detail": "3 pings made in 6.393 seconds\nAverage latency: 287.14 ms\nMinimum latency: 229.76 ms\nMaximum latency: 320.31 ms\nStandard deviation: 49.89"
    },
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM download",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint",
    "result": "WARNING",
    "detail": "2 pings made in 5.169 seconds\nAverage latency: 143.03 ms\nMinimum latency: 139.57 ms\nMaximum latency: 146.49 ms\nStandard deviation: 4.89"
    },
    {
    "name": "UPM registry download speed",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the UPM registry: 2.83 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "Speedtest.net",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the Speedtest.net server: 43.12 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "HTTP proxy environment variables",
    "description": "Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)",
    "detail": "No proxy support has been configured through environment variables."
    }
    ]

conleyc86 likes this.
  2. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies