Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Package Manager Error

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by laurenweatherford, Feb 6, 2021.

1. laurenweatherford

laurenweatherford

Error: "Failed to start the Unity Package Manager local server process. Make sure the process [/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PachageManager/Server/UnityPackageManager] is not blocked by your anti-virus configuration."

I have seen and read the other threads with similar issues. I run Unity Hub on Mac and have found that this version is the only one that responds and opens this error message before not responding. I have tried download other versions and have all of them be non responsive.

I checked my computer and I do not have a firewall set up, I tried the proxy server, and I made sure Unity Hub is updated, but no version of Unity will respond or even open a file I downloaded for school from Github. I ran a diagnostics on my terminal to have it say "UPM health check {UNKNOWN}".

How do I fix this issue?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  2. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Code (CSharp):
    1. ❓ UPM health check (UNKNOWN)
    2. Start the UPM process and call its health endpoint
    3. >> Could not find UPM executable at path '/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/Server/UnityPackageManager'
    Hey, sorry to see you are having this problem, but it seems you have an incomplete Unity installation as you are missing (at least) UnityPackageManager application. It could also be the result of the action of an antivirus or any external software removing/quarantining UnityPackageManager application.

In any case, this should be solved by reinstalling Unity through the Hub. Make sure you don't quit the application while installing through the hub and the installation completes successfully.

What version of the Hub are you using?

3. laurenweatherford

laurenweatherford

I am using the version 2.4.2 of Unity Hub! I have tried multiple times to install and uninstall different unity programs, but I will try it again incase I did mess up the process, thank you!

UPDATE: Thank you so much!!! I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it making sure it officially installed and let my system verify the program and the file and program finally opened!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    supita_unity likes this.