Search Unity

Unity Package Manager Error: OSX Catalina

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by eannoni, Jun 11, 2020.

1. eannoni

eannoni

I just downloaded Unity Hub and I downloaded and opened one of the microgames. This opened up Unity but then I got a Unity Package Manager Error telling me to make sure that it is not blocked by my anti-virus configuration (I have no anti-virus configuration). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Unity, restarting my computer, and nothing seems to fix the issue. What should I do? I have attached the diagnostic report.

Attached Files:

2. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Sorry to see you are having this problem.

The Package Manager application is missing, whether an antivirus moved it to a quarantined folder, or you have an incomplete Unity installation. Please verify if you have an antivirus if it moved the file, if that's not the case, try reinstalling Unity. While reinstalling Unity from the HUB, do not close the HUB, wait for the installation complete.

By the way, we are working to better detect the integrity of the installation of Unity from the Hub, in order to let users know there are problems with version of Unity they are trying to use and you won't need to run the Editor and then the diagnostic tool to figure out where the problem is.

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    eannoni likes this.
  3. eannoni

eannoni

I did a full reinstallation again and it worked this time. Thank you for the help!

4. AliensLikeApples

AliensLikeApples

Same problem here on brand new installation.

5. AliensLikeApples

AliensLikeApples

Ok re-install of Unity has fixed the problem. By the way I have not got an antivirus on Mac. I am using Catalina 10.15.7 (latest Catalina available now) and Unity (latest LTS version) 2019.4.15f1.
    It's a shame about this problem because I have wasted so many hours and the reason I want to learn Unity is so I don't have to deal with installation and configuration issues you have to deal with other programming languages - Unity you are supposed to install and get on with making your game, not fixing installation / troubleshooting Unity bugs.

6. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

I'm sorry to see this problem affected you. What version of the Hub are you using?

7. Phil_Blais3

Phil_Blais3

I am now 3 weeks late on my school homework cause of this, Unity works fine without the hub so I uninstalled it and everytime I reinstall the hub it wont open my projects cause of Unity package error. I have tried installing unity from the hub 3 times and all of those didn't work. I now need to download assets and these require to be working with the hub.... any suggestion?

8. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Sorry but I'm not sure what problem you are having, what OS, Unity and Hub versions are you using. For the connectivity problem there is this forum post that tries to group the problems and workarounds found at the moment.

9. chenetlion

chenetlion

I have the macOS Monterey and I can't open the unity.pkg .

10. kamerageist

kamerageist

I could not either, also on Monterey. While installing, temporarily turn off the firewall (System Preferences - Security & Privacy - Firewall), that did the trick for me!