Search Unity

Bug unity package manager completely gray and sprite editor panel sometimes missing

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by theawesome1, Dec 27, 2020.

1. theawesome1

theawesome1

When I open the package manager, there is nothing there. I can still click on one button, But I haven't tested anything else because I don't want to accidentally import an asset. This might not be important but every time I load unity it shows this: The editor layout could not be fully loaded, this can happen when the layout contains EditorWindows not available in this project UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadDefaultWindowPreferences()

the sprite editor is also showing the pannel halfway and it doesn't even show the panel at all. These are the only weird things I have seen so far. I have tried restarting my computer and closing unity and opening it back up.

sometimes when I change the size of the sprite editor different things become visible and invisible. The smaller it is, the more visible it becomes. When it is at its smallest, I still can barely see anything.

Attached Files:

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

Try resetting the layout to default via i believe Window -> Layout -> Default

3. DestroyComLucom

DestroyComLucom

same but i get the error
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.PackageManagerWindow.SelectPackageAndFilterStatic (System.String packageToSelect, System.Nullable`1[T] filterTab, System.Boolean refresh, System.String searchText) (at <fc574af819284814b6dcadfa7e4ca14c>:0)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.PackageManagerWindow.OpenPackageManager (System.String packageToSelect) (at <fc574af819284814b6dcadfa7e4ca14c>:0)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.Window.Open (System.String packageToSelect) (at <fc574af819284814b6dcadfa7e4ca14c>:0)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.Window.ShowPackageManagerWindow (UnityEditor.MenuCommand item) (at <fc574af819284814b6dcadfa7e4ca14c>:0)

4. theawesome1

theawesome1

I forgot to update this, but I figured out how to fix the issue a few months ago. All you need to do is update your graphics driver. I think it also works if you roll it back too.

5. theawesome1

theawesome1

I forgot to update this, but I figured out how to fix the issue a few months ago. All you need to do is update your graphics driver. I think it also works if you roll it back too.