Search Unity

Unity Package has Package Manager dependencies

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by ZenUnity, Oct 9, 2020.

1. ZenUnity

ZenUnity

When importing assets from the package manager I often get the message "This Unity Package has Package Manager dependencies" and then the option to Install/Upgrade or to Skip, but it doesn't seem to say anywhere what exactly is being installed and/or upgraded. Could the UPM devs add a list of the dependencies that need to be upgraded to this message please?

chelnok, Lars-Steenhoff and MichLad like this.
  2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

I'm pretty sure you're looking for this:

Attached Files:

3. MakeItDeveloper

MakeItDeveloper

so what is exactly with this dependencies what they do !?

4. MichLad

MichLad

I also get the error message, but when I look at the dependencies it says "List is Empty". What should I do then?

5. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

That's never happened to me before, it might be a bug in your version of Unity, or maybe it's with a specific package. Which version of Unity are you using? and does that happen for all packages, or just a specific package?

6. ZenUnity

ZenUnity

Enabling Show Dependencies in Package Manager only displays dependencies for packages under Unity Registry but not for those purchased from the asset store. As an example of this, you can try importing Unity's free VR Escape Room. A warning notification pops up with the option to install or skip dependencies, but there isn't any description of what you would be installing. When working in large projects it can be quite risky for project stability to upgrade or install unknown dependencies, so my request is to have those dependencies listed when importing assets from the store.

7. Creiz

Creiz

Exactly. I would also like to know when is this going to be fixed. I can't be downloading assets with random dependencies.

chelnok and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  8. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Yes this is very important to know before importing the package

Creiz likes this.
  9. khanhabib

khanhabib

Following..

10. congliu2000

congliu2000

i am unsure too, i was not able to import the 3d starter kit by unity. # hours of download time and it gets me to nothing.

11. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

What errors are you getting? Are you importing it on the version of the editor it is intended for?

congliu2000 likes this.
  12. congliu2000

congliu2000

oh, the uploading error is fixed, it turns out I'm not supposed to use a school computer to upload since the school computer is very slow. But when i tried to upload the unity 2d game kit, it says that " This Unity Package Manager has Package Manager Dependencies" do you know how to fix this or is this an harmless notification. I am using unity 2020.3.8f1 personal btw.

13. nothingAD

nothingAD

Hey there! I just came across the same problem. A customer had the same issue, but i don't know how to fix it. My asset is available at the Unity Asset Store and was approved. But when importing it into an project i get "This Unity Package Manager has Package Manager Dependencies". Skipping this dialog seems to work but I don't use any dependencies in my asset. Maybe the latest Asset Store Tools fix this?

EDIT: It turns out i'm using the latest Asset Store Tools and double checked that i don't use any Dependencies..

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    _eternal and floricasalut like this.
  14. Beauty_zhou

Beauty_zhou

So how to solve it?Skim?