Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Pacage Manager could not start Server

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by markthedad9297, Apr 21, 2020.

1. markthedad9297

markthedad9297

I have Unity 2019.3.10f1 (64-bit) installed on my desktop and my laptop, I can get Unity to run on my desktop but not my laptop. I have went in to the firewall setting turned setting on and off , tried new inbound rules, turned my malware bytes on and off nothing works i am getting this error.
    upload_2020-4-20_22-37-46.png upload_2020-4-20_22-38-2.png
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Thanks for the report. Could you provide some more information such that we could have a better idea about the issue?

Can you provide the logs (Editor.log and upm.log)?
    • To gather these files, please refer to the Log files section in Unity User Manual (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Log...49.673513180.1584294251-1824829955.1575308778)
    • Please keep in mind these files are written over every time Unity is executed, so they contain only the information from the last launch of the application.
    • If Unity was unable to start, the log files may not have been written to, in which case you will see the logs left over from the last successful launch which is probably not relevant to the issue you're having!
    Also, Was Unity installed through Unity Hub? Which version of Unity Hub are you using?

Best,
    Ethan

3. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

4. markthedad9297

markthedad9297

Here are the log files and the unity was installed through the unity hub version 2.3.0. Also i installed version 2018 and it runs just fine.

Attached Files:

5. GriffinGamesGG

GriffinGamesGG

I'm having the exact same problems. i also followed the guide and it still did not work.
    I turned off malware-bytes too, i deleted and recreated the inbound rule, I have the latest version of the unity hub and unity was installed through the hub.

6. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

@markthedad9297, there is definitely something preventing Unity to launch any process. Looking at the top of the Editor log file (Editor.txt), even the license client is unable to start. Please check your anti-virus software configuration.

Regards,

Pascal

7. STEMax

STEMax

Hi Guys,
    Searched for some time, until I decided to start the UnityPackageManager.exe manually from a command prompt... And got the following error
    upload_2020-4-23_14-59-42.png

And indeed I had added this option 2 weeks back for another project (didn't had time to reopen unity since):
    upload_2020-4-23_15-0-37.png

Remove the NODE_OPTIONS environment variable and gotcha! work like ever ;)

Hope it helps !

STEMax

8. markthedad9297

markthedad9297

last night i uninstalled malware byte and added incoming execptions to windows firewall with no help. I have tried all the online guides and posts with no hope. I guess i will have to run with 2018.

9. csalexa14

csalexa14

The same thing is happening to me

10. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Would you mind trying the latest version (v0.1.5) of the diagnostic tool and share the its log and upm.log? We added an extra check which tries to launch the Unity Package Manager process and perform a health check. Here is a link to download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aQM2LgsH_txgkXItBvvqHDLWPXcBgcAT/view?usp=sharing

The easiest way to do this is via the command line with the --unity-package-manager-path or -p flag e.g.

Code (CSharp):
    1. /path/to/upm-diag-win.exe -p /path/to/unity/Data/Resources/PackageManager/Server/UnityPackageManager
    Also, could you include these other 2 logs: Unity.Entitlements.Audit.log, Unity.Licensing.Client.log. They are from licensing, they can be found next to upm.log and Editor.log, which you already included.

11. David_Fenner

David_Fenner

This is driving me crazy. Lost two days of work already. Tried every solution here. How can this even happen?? Very disappointed and angry. I can't believe it. You guys are loosing customers over this simple thing. Can't you just make a "go offline button" in the meantime??? So we don't have to reach the god damn server??? until you FIX IT????
    C'mon!!!

christang_1023 likes this.