Search Unity

Unity OTEE featured in IMG Podcast #16

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bampf, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Bampf

Bampf

David Helgason of OTEE is a featured guest on IMG's podcast this week.

David is interviewed about the history of Unity and the features. Much of the discussion ends up just listing Unity features that many of us know already, but it's still fun and David makes some predictions (not promises) about when the PC browser Unity player will be released, and what features Unity 2.0 will have, and so on.

Even better, the IMG podcasters announced that they are going to use Unity to build their own game. This should mean regular mentions of Unity on the podcast in future. (They talk about this project near the end of the podcast.)

So, more good publicity for Unity! (My only complaint about IMG podcast's Unity coverage is that my games Pawns never gets mentioned! Since I occasionally write for IMG, AND the OMG contest was sponsored by Freeverse who employs 2 of the 3 podcasters, you think one of them would have recalled it by now. :roll:)

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Cool podcast. I wish I knew about it before now. It was funny to hear the whole Unity "sales pitch" from David. They mentioned the Pakimono entry in OMG so you did get a little shortchanged there Bampf :wink:

Well I subscribed to the podcast and it should indeed be interesting to follow their efforts making a game with Unity.

3. marty

marty

You know, podcasts are quickly emerging as a quick-n-easy way for publishers of devtools like Unity to get info out to their developer base, and a quick-n-easy way for said developers to digest said info.

So, I wonder if the folks at Unity might be interested in creating a weekly podcast. Nothing fancy, just one of of the Unitoids sitting at their Mac, recording an interesting tip, tidbit, news or whatever to share with the community. It could be just five minutes and it could be zero-level production values, but I think it would be a great way to get that kind of stuff out to us. And, we could easily listen to it while slaving away at our computers.

It would also present an interesting opportunity for all of us to actually hear how all of these crazy (have you seen the photos on their blogs?) people working at Unity sound!

Just an idea.

4. taumel

taumel

I just viewed ehhh listened to this and this is creepy! Reminds me of freaked out things like Beavis and Butthead...the only reasonalbe person seemed to be David.

*Hähhähhhäääh*
    *Ehhhehhehh*

Greetings,

taumel

5. marty

marty

That IMG podcast is pretty, uh, interesting, isn't it? ;-)

6. taumel

taumel

I would underscore the *uh* here! ;O)

Greetings,

taumel

7. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Especially when they "UH" out words like "crap" :wink:

Keeping it clean is one thing, but I think even a 10 year old can handle "crap". They must really be afraid of that "Explicit" tag on iTunes. That said, I still think it's a good podcast for Mac games.

8. taumel

taumel

I have no clue about podcasts beside of what i saw in the Apple Show stream with Stevie and watched this podcast so does the possibility exist to separate 16+/18+ content from children? Does content exist for adults without a political/social correctness attitude?

Greetings,

taumel

9. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

I'm not sure if explicit content can be blocked from minors, I just know that Apple monitors podcasts fed through iTunes and will tag any cast with profanity with the "Explicit" tag. They also have a "Clean" tag for any cast that merits a "G" rating.

I've become a bit of a podcast addict lately... NPR, 1UP, DNA, NerdTV, GameTech, DiggNation, Meet The Press, Slate, Ricky Gervais, etc... there's a podcast out there for everyone :wink:

All free and they're great to listen to on public transportation to/from work.

10. taumel

taumel

>>>I've become a bit of a podcast addict lately... NPR, 1UP, DNA, NerdTV, GameTech, DiggNation, Meet The Press, Slate, Ricky Gervais, etc... there's a podcast out there for everyone Wink

All free and they're great to listen to on public transportation to/from work.<<<

Puhh there's so much output these days. If not handeled right it sounds like another time killer. I often enjoy the silence when travelling or sometimes listen to audio books.

If i wanna be productive i cut off my internet; it feels silent then but i can concentrate on my work...

Greetings,

taumel