Search Unity

Question Unity OpenXr works in play mode but build doesn't work

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by Shore99, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Shore99

Shore99

I'm new to unity and I'm trying to develop a game with virtual reality. I'm using unity version 2020.3.1f1 and an HTC Vive Pro headset and also using SteamVR.
    From play mode of unity the game works perfectly but when I try to run the application from the build, SteamVR keeps loading, and from the pc I see the application starting but it stays still and doesn't load all the textures, but I can hear the audio.
    I state that I have a single scene with different environments inside, and I move between these environments simply by teleporting the player from one side to another.
    I tried to create a new project with only the player, and in that case I was able to have a working build, but as I try to insert even just one of the enviroments I have into the project, the problem returns, in play mode it works but the build doesn't. So I can't figure out if it depends on one of my environments or assets or if there's something else...

2. ericprovencher

ericprovencher

Unity Technologies

The first thing I’d try is to update to the latest 2020.3 lts and update all xr related plugins.

Hope that’s all it takes!

3. unity_espresso

unity_espresso

So I'm a super newbie, so this might be an obvious thing you've already tried... but I just had this exact same problem.

Go to the File Menu > Build Settings...
    Look at the Scenes In Build at the top. It Scenes/SampleScene selected by default, but *not the one I had been developing on*. I checked the development scene and unchecked the sample scene, and everything works great! It also runs in realtime, unlike the laggy as heck scene player.

Valve Index on Win11 / 3080 RTX / 32GB RAM / i7 12700F