Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity OpenXR support for Android runtimes other than Oculus?

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by nfynt-zap, Jun 13, 2022.

1. nfynt-zap

nfynt-zap

The OpenXR documentation site states that the provider plugin should work with any external OpenXR runtime available on the system. While this seems to work on windows, I haven't had any luck with this on Android, where the method of runtime discovery is different (using ContentProvider) compared to standalone (JSON). I am trying to use Monado's android OpenXR runtime with installable broker on a regular device instead of Oculus.

Please find the android logcat text below for reference. Note that I am able to test the runtime with Khronos hello_xr application, so it's likely some configuration issue from Unity (if not limitation). Would appreciate if you can confirm on following:
    1. Whether or not it's possible to link to an external OpenXR runtime on Android (other than Oculus)?
    2. If so, then what's the configuration is like for in-process and out-of-process runtime?

Thanks,

2. carlospzlz

carlospzlz

Any updates on this?

3. nfynt-zap

nfynt-zap

unityunity