Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity Open XR with Htc Vive problem

Discussion in 'VR' started by steam1_unity116, May 12, 2022.

1. steam1_unity116

steam1_unity116

Hello everyone. I'm new to VR development.
    I need some help with the THC Vive because with the openXR every locomotion input like the snap turn for the rotation or the teleportation works only if i touch the trackpad in any direction but I would like tu make it only when i click the trackpad in the right direction. Any advices please?

2. awiepke

awiepke

Hey hey,
    I had the same issue and did not solve it for the rotation-part yet. But for teleportation you can do as follows:
    upload_2022-7-4_16-7-55.png
    I guess you are using the XR Interaction Toolkit "Starter Assets" for your teleportation so far. Open this Default XR Interaction Asset and you should see something like the window to the left. And take care to set up the Action Based Controller Manager, as well as the sample XR Rig, which comes with different Left-Hand and Right-Hand Objects for Teleportation and direct Interaction.
    When you set up teleport Mode Active with the "Primary2DAxis" the Laser / Arc can become visible and for Teleport Select you go for "trackpadClicked". The standard setting is "primary2DAxis" here as well, which works great with Oculus, but not so well with HTC Vive.

I hope this helps somewhat. Regards

3. usernamesavecancel

usernamesavecancel

Hi,
    I have Vive Pro and the following is working for me:
    ViveSnapTurn.PNG

I copied the default one hence the name XRI Test, you can just modify the default one. You need to delete the existing Primary2DAxis binding and select the Add Binding With One Modifier by clicking the plus button next to Turn. After that add the sectors for the Interactions, and specify the path variables for the Modifier and Binding according to your use case.

One question comes to mind: Will it work for Oculus also? I can't test it since my Rift Gear is sitting in it's box. Maybe selecting a specific controller as in the previous answer might be better. So make sure to test for every platform you support.

hansikas13 likes this.