Search Unity

Unity on Ultrabook

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by lordz0069, Apr 11, 2021.

1. lordz0069

lordz0069

Hey guys,
    sorry if it's a wrong place to ask this, but I'm trying different groups for a week already and I can't get an answer anywhere.
    I'm a graphic designer who wants to learn to code. Due to back pain, I want to get an ultrabook, so I can migrate from desk to comfy couch. However, I'm not sure if ultrabook will be okay for Unity 2D development. I wanted to make simple games, something like Angry Birds or Mario. Nothing fancy. If some project will go exeptionally well, I'll go back to my workstation.

I'm considering
    Lenovo ThinkPad A285 Ryzen 5 Pro 2500U 16GB DDR4 with Radeon Vega 8. Will it be okay for simple Unity 2D projects? Would you recommend something different? Budget is around 750$ (I'm not from US though)

Thanks a lot for helping me!

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Yes, and in fact it should be fine for simple 3D projects too.

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It is pretty basic, but fine. Make sure storage is SSD, and you have plenty of free space (Unity projects can be big).

4. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

I don't know if you like watching and following tutorials off YouTube, but I posted a link on here last week to a tutorial for how to make Angry Birds in Unity that someone sent me.

5. Wolfos

Wolfos

I have the same problem, and got a Macbook Air M1 for that purpose. It's fantastic and able to run Unity very well, including even high-end 3D projects that use the HDRP.