Search Unity

Unity on High DPI screens (and I'm not complaining about bluriness!)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TimothyGrant, Dec 20, 2017.

1. TimothyGrant

TimothyGrant

I have a Surface Book with a native resolution of 3000x2000. Up until about two months ago, I could run Unity just fine on my notebook. it might have been a bit fuzzy, but it was functional. For about the last two months it's not even been functional.

The below image is what happens every time I start Unity. on my Surface Books screen.

Pasted image at 2017_11_18 07_57 PM.png

To get work done un- docked, I have changed the screen resolution to 1920x1280 and set the Unity executable to NOT respect the scaling factor.

2. mr0ng

mr0ng

I also have this issue for all my devices running multiple versions of Unity. All the same problem. I've only noticed it start with recent Windows Insider updates. Any fixes or workarounds are appreciated.

TimothyGrant likes this.
  3. shintak3

shintak3

Yesterday I update my windows 10 Insider preview to Build 17627 Skip ahead version. In this version this problem was solved. But I don't have RS4 insider preview environment, so I could not check in insider preview fast version.

4. TimothyGrant

TimothyGrant

I've been meaning to come post about it!

I discovered it when I downloaded the Unity beta and it worked perfectly. I immediately reset the settings on my display and the app and tried 2017.1.3 and it worked perfectly too. I'm guessing this was a Windows issue of some sort.