Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

unity oculus rift DK2 wron resolution

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by leyenpa, Jan 13, 2015.

1. leyenpa

leyenpa

Hey there. I have huge judder problems with a game i created in unity for the oculus rift DK2. I tested almost everything.... i set a default resolution 1920x1080 but the oculus console tells me it runs in 2364x1461... This could be the problem. DO you know this issue??? How can i make sure that the game rly runs in 1920x1080!
    PLS HELP ME!

oculus SDK 0.4.2
    unity integration 0.4.2
    unity pro 4.5.5
    (tested newest runtimes and sdks - same issue)

Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-13 um 12.35.14.png Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-13 um 12.48.16.png

2. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

perhaps your not running in direct to rift mode? I know games like teamfortress 2 will have that judder if u dont set up your rift settings correctly. Its not a gpu issue.. it happens to me in team fortress 2 with a gtx 980 if i dont run it correct way.

It has to do with it choosing to use your monitors refresh rate at 60hz instead of the rifts refresh rate at 75

3. Elecman

Elecman

That has nothing to do with it.

The higher resolution is normal. Because of the image warping you will loose pixels on the edge (will be black) and in order to counter that effect, the resolution is automatically increased.

4. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

Are you sure about that? because that doesnt make much sense considering the display cant render that resolution which means it will get down scaled no matter what to match the displays resolutions.. the rifts resolution... the black pixels are still rendered

5. Elecman

Elecman

6. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

Make sure your refresh rates on the monitor and rift are set to the same number I use 60 for both.

7. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

you need 75 for a smooth experience. an occulus running at 60 will studder. Most monitors work at 60, so u probably need to set your rift to be the primary monitor.. which is annoying... At least thats what i have to do for a smooth experience in team fortress 2. So the rift actually goes to 75. If your main monitor is set as the main and not hte rift.. the rift will only work at 60 which is bad.

8. Elecman

Elecman

And my monitor doesn't support 75 Hz, so that makes it even worse.

9. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

60 doesn't seem to stutter to me, maybe I'm just not as perceptive as some. Then again, I've never seen the Rift at 75 so don't know what I'm missing.

Same problem here though, my monitors only go to 60. I'll have to try the primary monitor trick. Thanks for that.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  10. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

problem with having rift as the primary is the obvious annoyance of it now having the start menu... lol

11. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

Ah, right. :D

Yeah, I can't imagine working with that or expecting users to go to the trouble. I probably won't bother with it.

12. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

I think direct to rift mode automatically does 75.. but then again i cant be sure.. its still a pre release product.. so theres a lot of tinkering we have to do to make it work right.