Search Unity

Bug Unity oauth bug/error.

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by SevenPointRed, Jun 17, 2021.

1. SevenPointRed

SevenPointRed

Failing to login, but also noticed "<random string>" in the auth url.
    Not sure if the dashboard is down, would normally just wait and try again later but thought I should post this as it looked wrong. I'm not an oauth expert but I thought the state param was supposed to be an actual random string for security (XSRF)

unityrandomstring.jpg

2. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

Hey SevenPointRed and thanks for bringing this up. Where did you try to access the dashboard? The client id in the URL does not match the one we use for the dashboard. Actually, from the callback URL we can see that its related to Unity Pulse. I escalated this to the team.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  3. SevenPointRed

SevenPointRed

That was from a link to a pulse survey from an email, it first directed to the site ( https://unity.com/unity-pulse ) I then got that url/issue when pressing "Login with your Unity ID"

Sorry if this is the wrong place, I assumed all the login with unity stuff was under the same dashboard/system.

4. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

No, this is perfectly fine :) I forwarded this onwards to the right team.

5. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

I have a similar problem: When trying to add an integration to my project I get the error message "Error fetching OAuth URL. Please try again later" (see screenshot below).

I would wait but I actually created the integration previously (for discord) but after I didn't got any messages I realized that it just disappeared from the list of integrations. So, I wanted to add it again and now get this error.

upload_2021-11-25_9-25-49.png

Edit: The OAuth error only appears for Discord and Slack. I can go to step 3 for Webhook and MS Teams

6. unity_enw7bIYlMNHclw

unity_enw7bIYlMNHclw

Unity Technologies

Hey Hosnkobf, thanks for reporting this. Looks like it's something I can reproduce as well so I have passed it on to the correct team to get fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    meross and Hosnkobf like this.
  7. rmgomez

rmgomez

We are having the same issue, is this something that will be fixed soon?
    The notifications are a very important step on our cloud build setup, we are having problems knowing when builds are ready or failing.

Thanks!

8. thibouf

thibouf

Same here ...

9. unity_enw7bIYlMNHclw

unity_enw7bIYlMNHclw

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately I do not have a timeframe for a resolution but it is something our engineers are looking into now. I'll be sure to update this thread once we've got it fixed.

10. ACHIEVR

ACHIEVR

Also having this issue

11. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

This is a critical bug yet probably easy to fix. Why does it take more than a week to fix it?

12. TinyCrocodileStudios

TinyCrocodileStudios

Same problem with Discord here. Would it be possible to use the "regular" webhook instead?

13. poprev-3d

poprev-3d

Same issue here for Slack integration.

14. poprev-3d

poprev-3d

15. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

thanks @poprev-3d

@unity_enw7bIYlMNHclw:
    For discord it appears to work but it doesn't. I am forwarded to discord's authorization page, but after I gave permission and returned to the unity services page, the discord integration is not present in the list of integrations.
    Please get this fixed as well.

16. scotth-unity

scotth-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi all, sorry for the delayed update.

While the initial OAuth issue has been resolved for Discord, Slack, and Trello, we have confirmed that it may take 4-5 attempts before a new integration is successfully added. The team is looking into this issue now.

In the meantime, we have noticed that new integrations which are going to fail will have a pause of ~2+ seconds after clicking Allow on the auth page. If this happens, you have two options.

1. Repeat the entire process until the integration is saved

After configuring your integration, click Apply on the auth page, wait to be redirected back to the dashboard, and then check whether the integration was saved.

This is time intensive, but should always work after 4-5 attempts.

2. Cancel the auth request then Apply again

While this may not work on all browsers, you can also try clicking on Cancel:
    Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 7.42.07 AM.png

Once the page redirects to the error screen:
    screenshot-1.png

..click Back in your browser to return to the authentication page and try again.

I apologize for the inconvenience and will provide an update once we've found the root cause and identified a fix.

Thanks,
    Scott

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  17. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

thanks @scotth-unity

I tried what you said (with discord, not slack):
    in firefox it takes always very long and discords cancel button doesn't seem to work.
    in edge the first time took long but the cancel button worked, every time I tried after the first time it took very short and I came back to the unity-services page. But it then always opens the dashboard instead of moving on to step 3 of the integration. So, no chance to do the final configuration -> no integration is added.

18. scotth-unity

scotth-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Hosnkobf - thanks for letting me know. Failing that, you can try going through the full process (click Apply on auth page, then wait to be redirected back to the dashboard, and check whether the integration was saved) and repeat until it works. It's never taken more than five attempts for me. Sorry, this is less than ideal.

19. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

Hi @scotth-unity
    after trying about 30 times, I lose faith in this loop approach.
    Probably, I always have bad timings with the raise condition that likely causes this bug.

20. scotth-unity

scotth-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Hosnkobf - appreciate the update. None of us have seen that high a failure rate, so I'll make sure we're comparing results across regions.

21. scotth-unity

scotth-unity

Unity Technologies

Following some changes by the team, we are now seeing 100% success adding new integrations for Slack, Discord, and Trello. Please let me know if you continue to encounter issues with this process.

Thanks!

Justin-Unity likes this.