Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

Unity Notarization issues for OSx build

Discussion in 'OSX' started by srilakshmim, Oct 9, 2019.

1. srilakshmim

srilakshmim

Hi All

I am facing issue with Unity Notarization. I am able to codesign the app after zipping it ,and is uploaded for notarization. I am getting a invalid package with errors for macOS library files.

"severity": "error",
    "code": null,
    "path": "My.zip/My.app/Contents/Plugins/steam_api.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib",
    "message": "The signature of the binary is invalid.",
    "docUrl": null,
    "architecture": "i386"

Thanks
    Sri

2. srilakshmim

srilakshmim

"severity": "error",
    "code": null,
    "path": "DOMain.zip/DOMain.app/Contents/MacOS/UnityAnalytics.dylib",
    "message": "The binary is not signed.",
    "docUrl": null,
    "architecture": "x86_64"

3. teamcap

teamcap

Hi!

First delete all meta file from My.app then try sign libsteam_api.dylib file, and after this sign whole app
    ie.:

codesign --deep --force --verify --verbose --timestamp --options runtime --entitlements "My.entitlements" --sign "Developer ID Application : YourCompanyName" "My.app/Contents/Plugins/steam_api.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib""

codesign --deep --force --verify --verbose --timestamp --options runtime --entitlements "My.entitlements" --sign "Developer ID Application : YourCompanyName " "My.app"

gavrilosostaric1234 likes this.
  4. gavrilosostaric1234

gavrilosostaric1234

This actually worked thanks! I just deleted all .meta files from the steam_api.bundle and then signed the libsteam_api.dylib and finally signed my .app and everything works fine . Notarization was successful

5. andrews_unity

andrews_unity

Unity Technologies

Yea so the way notarization works is all libs must be signed including 3rd party ones you can do as explained above a deep signing and force to essentially sign libs you did not build such as the steam one.

unityunity