Search Unity

Question Unity not saving the HDRP settings

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Rowlan, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

I've had this 2 times now. I change the "Sky and Fog Volume" settings, e. g. CubeMap of the HDRI Sky, Ambient Mode, add lots of PostProcessing settings. Save scene, create a build and so on, everything is fine. Even loading and saving a scene. But when I restart Unity, it seems that the default Sky and Fog Volume that comes with the HDRP Demo Scene is replacing my modified one.

Any idea what's happening? Is that a known bug?

Unity 2019.3.3f1, HDRP 7.2.1

My guess is it's because I clicked "New Scene" and Unity added the embedded Sky and Fog Volume setting. The user should be forced to create his own?

Tried it in 2020.1.0b1 and when you click "New Scene" there all you get is the camera and the light, no default HDRP settings.

Edit: it's totally reproducable. I created a bug report, Case 1229196.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  2. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Rowlan, thanks for reporting.
    I'll double check, but this is a know issue : you have the ability to modify a volume profile contained in the package, when it should be read-only (in fact you're modifying the /Library/packagecache file, but it will be restored at the next editor startup) and grayed out.

iirc, this is fixed for the next package release.

Meanwhile, pay attention to always use volume profile that are stored in the /Assets directory.

Rowlan likes this.
  3. marck_ozz

marck_ozz

Yep, that worked!!

I didn't realize that I was using the "Sky and Fog volume" profile from the Packages folder and not from the Assets folder