Search Unity

Unity Not Displaying Correct Textures in Editor or Build

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by RotaryBlaze, Dec 28, 2015.

1. RotaryBlaze

RotaryBlaze

Hi, sorry if this is not posted in the correct area, as this is my first time posting.

I have had issues with Unity displaying the correct textures. At first it was only in the builds I would create (which would take 5 hours just for one level). But now it is doing it in editor also. I have no idea why Unity can't get the correct textures. I only use the default prototype texture, besides a few more models that use imported textures. However all the geometry that uses the default prototype texture have this glitchy texture added to it. There are random times when Unity decides to use the correct textures and lighting, but they never appear in the build.

I also get an error when I try to bake "Final Gather" so I disabled that and it looks even worse.

I am using:
    Unity 5.3.0f4 Personal
    Probuilder 2.4.8f1 revision 3764

If anyone can help, thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Dantus

Dantus

It seems you are baking shadows. Did you make sure that the uvs are not overlapping? I don't know how this is handled in Probuilder.

3. RotaryBlaze

RotaryBlaze

I am not sure to be honest. How would I go about checking that?

I am currently baking again with a higher texels per unit count. I originally has 10. Trying with 100 now. I am wondering if the resolution is too low and that is why I am getting that artifact.

4. Dantus

Dantus

You should most likely ask in the Probuilder forum what you need to do. It seems specific to Probuilder from my point of view and it is not too unlikely that this question was already answered.

5. RotaryBlaze

RotaryBlaze

I have checked and haven't seen anything. I usually wait a long time before posting on forums. I have had this issue for over a week now and I have been working on this diligently for two weeks now. I will keep trying different things and post solutions if I find any. Thank you.

6. Dantus

Dantus

Did you check this one:

It's for Unity 4, but the principles stayed the same.