Search Unity

Feedback Unity Not designed to create realistic 3D Android Games where the game is on an Authoritative server

Discussion in 'Android' started by crownracing, Nov 6, 2022.

1. crownracing

crownracing

I worked for two weeks attempting to design a realistic racing game in Unity to be played using a mobile device (android) where the game is on the cloud or a powerful authoritative server. All I accomplished is that Unity does not have the code to accomplish this goal.

The problems were many, so many that the mission had to be abandoned. Because I could NOT find detailed instructions in the Unity manual or on the internet, I resorted to trial and error. I tried Unity 2021.3 and Unity 2020.3. I tried 3D and Mobile templates in Unity. I tried built in pipeline and URP. Of course I used SDK. I think I know the source of the bugs. I ran into so many bugs: pink objects, brushes in read only mode, assets failure to run in URP, and more.

My conclusion is that Unity is designed for simplistic games for mobile and no more, and that when Unity uses the term “Mobile” it means the game is intended to be played entirely on a mobiles device. The android target platform was no help in resolving the issues. Because there are no instructions or tutorials I could find that cover realistic mobile game design for playing games with a mobile device and the game is on an authoritative server, I ended the task totally.
    Next I will try Unreal with the hope that Unreal, being a software that specializes in very realistic games, and a software that does have mobile game development, that this software can be used for my end goal. We’ll see.