Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Other UNITY NIGHTMARE

Discussion in 'AR' started by Stephanos33, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Stephanos33

Stephanos33

Everything about Unity is a joke and building AR in Unity is beyond joke, it's an absolute nightmare.
    From the very start of it, either importing Vuforia or building it through AR foundation & ARcore route, from syncing your phone, pc and Unity to seeing results on the camera. It's an absolute overly complicated, massively annoying nightmare. Everything is packed with errors, however you do it, whichever way you turn it around, there is a pile of errors waiting for you. It takes days just to deal with your errors and perform the most simple tasks. It takes endless hours of research and finding answers to your errors just to make things work normally. Unity is a complete joke and I hope and prey there will be something else on the market that will get you out of business since you deserve it.

2. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hi @Stephanos33, what are the specific issues and errors you're running into?

3. fabienlandry

fabienlandry

I must say that Unity3D is an interesting piece of software... when it works...
    When it doesn't, like when the editor somehow decides to corrupt your files while in Play Mode!, things can become a little frustrating.
    This is the problem I run into constantly (Please fix this ASAP! It is rampant in the latest release - 2019.4.18f1).
    When corruption happens, the only thing that can come close to saving you is a revert, you would think, but it seems that the Unity installation itself becomes corrupted.
    These kind of bugs (Corruption bugs) should not happen in 2021!