Search Unity

Unity newbie getting error with "Hello World" Hololens app

Discussion in 'VR' started by LKeene, Apr 3, 2019.

1. LKeene

LKeene

Hello all. I'm trying to teach myself Hololens development using Unity3D. I'm using Unity 2018.3.9f1 Personal version with Visual Studio 2017 Community. I'm following along with the Microsoft HoloAcademy tutorials here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/holograms-100

Essentially what I'm doing is:
    1) Start Unity
    2) Create a new project and add a new scene
    3) Select the Main Camera in the new scene and translate to X=0,Y=0, Z=0
    4) Add a Cube object to the scene and translate to X=0, Y=0, Z=1
    5) In Build Settings, select "Universal Windows Platform", Build Type = "D3D"
    6) In Player Settings, verify "Virtual Reality Supported" is checked and "Windows Mixed Reality" is listed, and Scripting backend is "IL2CPP".
    7) Then I Build in Unity to a newly created "App" folder.
    8) In VS2017 I open the newly created solution in the "App" folder, switch to "x86" and "Remote Machine".
    9) Pair/Deploy to Hololens and run.

The cube does show up in my field of view in roughly where I would expect it but I'm also seeing the following error text displayed at the bottom of my field of view:

"Unable to find method Internal_ScriptableRuntimeReflectionSystemWrapper_TickRealtimeProbes in [UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll]UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.ScriptableruntimeReflectionSystemWrapper"

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? This is the simplest possible Hololens app and already I've run into an issue. Any help greatly appreciated.

-L