Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Unity new version (2020.01.0) monobehaviour not working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by othmaniislem1, Jul 29, 2020.

1. othmaniislem1

othmaniislem1

Before updating unity to the newest version(2020.01), my scripts were working perfectly with visual studio 2019 but after installing the new version, when i open a script the monobehaviour is not marked in green i think the editor won't detect my scripts on visual studio anymore. I need help guys. Thank you.

2. adamgolden

adamgolden

If you haven't already, try closing VS then going to Unity Editor preferences and clicking to regenerate the solution project files and then open the new solution

TomTrottel and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. othmaniislem1

othmaniislem1

I've already done it, i think they changed something in the newest version cuz i did not do anything it was working before the update. Thanks for your reply mate

4. Donpers

Donpers

Ive got the same issue! You can go back to an older version it will work fine. But what is this issue with the latest version? Maybe they will fix it next time.

othman, do you see any issues in visual studio?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  5. othmaniislem1

othmaniislem1

I don't really see anything wrong with visual studio i think the issue is in the newest version of the editor i'm trying to find a fix right now, i'll let you know if it works.

6. othmaniislem1

othmaniislem1

[FIXED](REINSTALL VISUAL STUDIO 2019 MODULE FROM INSTALLS IN UNITY HUB

Hey i think i found a solution. I'm not sure but i closed unity and visual studio and then i opened unity hub. Went to installs/2020.1.0f1/add modules and then i reinstalled visual studio module. I think when i made the new update visual studio wasn't closed. You should close it when making the update so it can install the new module for Visual studio. I'm not sure if it will work or not i'm currently installing it but i will let you know.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Donpers likes this.
  7. othmaniislem1

othmaniislem1

It worked! As is said in the last reply, try reinstalling the visual studio 2019 module in the new version (don't forget to close visual studio if it's running)

Donpers likes this.
  8. Donpers

Donpers

Worked for me either, good job. I actually never installed this module because i thought its just a reinstall of my current VS. Thanks Dude!

othmaniislem1 likes this.
  9. othmaniislem1

othmaniislem1

You're welcome mate