Search Unity

unity network communication problems.

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Deleted User, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I developed a demo using unity'c#.Client connect to server and send information,and i tested on windows Pc(start two app,one is server,another is client),and it works fine.

But when I use my z10 to test (app on windows as client,app on z10 as server),I can connect,but i can not send information.I use tcp socket.

When I use z10 as server ,app on windows as client,it can not connect.

How can I solve this?Is it the problem of my code or the problem of bb10 os.

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. In both scenarios the windows is the client and the z10 is the server but they have different behaviors?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

scenarios1: Windows is client and Windows is server,it's fine.
    scenarios2: Windows is client and Z10 is server,client can connect to server but can not transfer data.
    scenarios3: Windows is server ans Z10 is client,client cann't even connect to server.

I use tcp socket.First server create a tcp listen socket.And then client connect to server.After that they send data to each other.
    I searched the internet,maybe it's because unity does not support socket on BB10.BB10 can only use WWW.But i'm not sure about that.

4. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

I hate to say it but you are doing something wrong. I have sockets working fine between bb10 and windows.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

OK,I will check the code.