Search Unity

Audio Unity Native Microphone Bugs!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Conferno, Jun 11, 2019.

?

Do you had bugs with Native Unity Microphone ever?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Conferno

Conferno

Hello developers,
    Some time ago I have created the app for detecting the notes from voice/microphone input on mobiles.
    I have tried with native Unity microphone(using AudioSource clip data) and also I have tried the NatMic.
    A native microphone has more speed and low latency for my purposes in detection, but have an ugly bug. And because of it, I can't use the native microphone on the moment. So weird.
    I have recorded the video where you can see what is wrong with it (sorry for blurs, it is a privacy purpose of the project).
    The video is here

On the video, I'll restart the app for 3 times on iPhone 5s and 1 on Mac. And a couple of times it has a bad result.
    I can't explain what goes wrong exactly, but you can see, that the microphone data is corrupted from time to time. It happens when the app Start Microphone and then Ends. On the next time, it can be normal or can be not. It just can't be used for normal stable results for now.

Also, I have tried the NatMic, it has stable record and Audio clip data, but it has more latency in my project and, it seems, a capped with frequency. And on my tests, it can freeze the app when you often enable/disable the mic. Strange.

So guys, what do You think about this native Unity microphone bug? It replicates on iOS(iPhone 5s ios 12, iPad pro 2016 ios 12) and Android (Mi A1). But it works stable on the Editor (Unity 2019.1.4f1). I heard on the internet, that the native unity microphone is buggy from elder times and that we might buy other's solutions, BUT WHY we must use something non-native, and why it still not debugged yet??

2. Conferno

Conferno

up, guys ?

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Conferno likes this.
  4. Conferno

Conferno

5. Conferno

Conferno

6. MassiveTchnologies

MassiveTchnologies

Any updates on this issue?

7. Ivonne1488

Ivonne1488

8. Conferno

Conferno

as I understand some of native ios libraries was updated in 2019 version of unity.
    Also, I found that the problem was in Audio settings of project - especially in DSP buffer size. If you change default value to good or best latency, then you will have these microphone bugs. if you leave it default or best performance it will be ok on iOS and Android...