Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Unity must send an alert by email when they discover stolen assets ....

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by roka, Sep 13, 2021.

1. roka

roka

Hello everybody !

It will be nice if unity can send an alert by email when they discover and suspend the account of a publisher when you have buyed his assets.

As exemple, i have buyed a lot of weapons from a guy called ANIWORD DESIGN 4 months ago, i have made some research on internet to be sure that it was an unique content and i do not have found any of these weapons somewhere else.

This week end, i check the asset store and surprise, his publisher page is not available anymore. So i search again and i finally found a game that use these skin but it was really hard to find.

So now, like i have implemented some of these skin in my game, i have to remove them because they come from a published game.

This is not a big deal and can happen, unity can not verify all assets, it's logic BUT and i say BUT ==>

We should get an alert by email that the assets that we have buy can be stolen from an other game or been a suspicious assets to take action imediately in order to avoid any problem with the real creator of the assets when they delete assets or ban a publisher.

Well, just my 2 cents for today.

Have a good day !

@UnityHas @bronsonzgeb

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  2. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

I just thought about this possibility today and ran straight to the forums. I don't know how many assets I have that could be stolen. I've got over 600 assets, and a large portion are paid.

Hopefully a Unity representative can give a response on this.