Search Unity

Unity Monetization 3.0 xcode build failed

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by marek1990, Dec 5, 2018.

1. marek1990

marek1990

Hello,

I want to give a try to IAP Promotions so I decided to update ADS and IAP plugins. On Android everything works as expected but I have some issues on iOS.

When building in Xcode I have an error:

"Lexical or Preprocessor Issue"
    'UnityAds/UnityMonetization.h' file not found
    UnityMonetizationUnityWrapper.mm

In Plugins/iOS UnityAds.framework is present, also in Xcode under Unity-iPhone/Frameworks/Plugins/iOS/UnityAds.framework is present.

My Xcode version is 10.1. I have downloaded Unity Monetization 3.0 from AssetStore and import IAP plugin from Services -> In-App Purchasing. All plugins are in latest versions downloaded today.

For now I've tried:
    1. Build using Unity 5.6.4p4 and 2018.2.9f1
    2. pod deintegrate, clean, update install and run project from *.xcodeproj and *.xcworkspace.
    3. Run everything on other mac.

Other plugins in project:
    - Google Mobile Ads
    - Firebase auth and app

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

bigbrainz likes this.
  3. marek1990

marek1990

I will try it in free time. Thank you. For now I decided to use latest UnityAds and UnityIap plugin without Unity Monetization 3.0. Promo iap works and I'am fine with that :)

4. jtbentley

jtbentley

After bringing a project up from Unity 3 all the way to 2018, ran into this same issue (likely the result of an ancient build post process), this solution did solve it :)

5. kgbv

kgbv

i have my project in unity 2018.2.21f1 . after exporting to ios as Xcode project i am facing the same error

"Lexical or Preprocessor Issue"
    'UnityAds/UnityMonetization.h' file not found
    UnityMonetizationUnityWrapper.mm.

i tried your options but it didn't worked . even i also used ios resolver to install cocoa pods in unity itself . still no result .
    any help will be appreciated.

6. Flying_Moose

Flying_Moose

I've got the same issue, did anyone find an answer?

7. Mest

Mest

Hello everybody,
    I had the same issue, after upgrading my project from 2019.x to 2020.3.
    To find the error i created a fresh 2020-Project, implemented all plugins/Settings of my ported Main-Project and noticed, that the "Assets/Plugins/" Folder has not even nearly the same content, as of my Main-Project.

Turned out my old Project has some old-version-related Plugin-Files!

And that was the fix, deleting unnecessary old files (make a backup before, if you delete to much):
    - "Assets/Plugins/iOS/UnityAnalyticsWrapper.mm"
    - "Assets/Plugins/iOS/UnityJsonAdditions.mm"
    - and so on

Just watch out you only delete the stuff your "temp-new-project" don't has, related to the plugins you are observing (in my case it was "Unity-Analytics", "Unity-Purchasing", "UDP" and "Unity-Ads"). Seems most stuff is moved to the "Package"-Folder.

Hope this helps

8. cdr9042

cdr9042

I had this issue when updating Google Admob SDK 6.1.2 to 7.0.0 and Admob Mediation's Unity Adapter.

error: Build input file cannot be found: '/(path)/Libraries/com.unity.ads/Plugins/iOS/UnityMonetizationUnityWrapper.m' (in target 'UnityFramework' from project 'Unity-iPhone')

My solution was to find the folder Libraries/com.unity.ads in XCode's directory tab, the folder were marked red (it means they don't exist in the hard drive anymore), then delete the folder.

9. msclower

msclower

My solution was simplier. I had the latest versions of Admob and the admob/unity mediation package but my UNity Ads version was a previous version. Upgrading the unity ads version to match the admob/unity mediation package resolved the compilation issue.