Search Unity

Unity Model Drifts during Idle Animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by gogocook25, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gogocook25

gogocook25

Hi my idle animation is not working as intended. When the character is idling, it slowly moves out of place. I checked that the movement is not caused by the script.

It seems to be related to physics because when I turned on kinematics and turned off the character's collider the idle animation did not cause the character to drift. I scoured the web for similar problems, and can only think that my problem has to do with movement caused by the animation itself.

When I imported the animation from Blender I checked 'Baked Animation'. In Unity I also set 'Root Node' to None for the imported animations. From what I read, setting root node makes the animation interact with its surroundings (and move) whereas baked means the animation is purely visual. However, none of this solves the problem of the drifting idle animation. I am running out of ideas and would really appreciate your help.

I could manually freeze the position via script, but this seems like a workaround. Interestingly, when I first enter game view and the idle animation plays there is no drifting. However, after exiting a walking animation and playing the idle animation again I see the drifting behavior.

2. Demon_Zoo_Warden

Demon_Zoo_Warden

Did you ever solve this? I have the same issue. Thanks.

3. inemeth

inemeth

Unfortunately I have the same problem. The only difference is that my character drifts after I used another animation on it. I mean my character is in idle state (using idle animation) and I trigger a turn around animation with a button press and after it starts the idle animation again it starts drifting right (means positive on the 'Z' axis).