Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity Missing Default Layout

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by vishvatarunyaa, Dec 5, 2023.

1. vishvatarunyaa

vishvatarunyaa

Hello, I am new to Unity and had an assignment where I had to create the project from version 2023.1.8f but I had mistakenly created it in 2023.1.18f. Is there a way for me to downgrade the version without building it from scratch or importing it all over again?

Thanks for any help!

2. bugfinders

bugfinders

just revert to settings thats just you ide layout, its not complaining about opening your project

3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

There is no need to. The difference is in patch level only, so you are actually working with a version that has more bugs fixed. Patch levels in almost all cases do not affect compatibility.

Downgrading is generally not supported, and the more the versions deviate the more likely that issues surface, which may include loss of data. But you can do it, just be sure to a) make a backup and b) delete the Library folder before opening the project in the older version.

4. vishvatarunyaa

vishvatarunyaa

ah alright thank you so much

5. vishvatarunyaa

vishvatarunyaa

Thank you for the resolve but I have to submit the work in the older version :(