Search Unity

Unity memory leak if 'scene' view is active

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by vicour, Jul 10, 2013.

1. vicour

vicour

To whom it may concern-

I have a memory leak that will eventually kill Unity very quickly. In a brand new project, with no assets in the project at all, if the 'scene' view is active on play, Unity accumulates about 15-25 mb/sec and will not stop until it busts the memory cap and freezes. If I select a different tab that hides 'scene', the memory accumulation stops. Once I select 'scene' again, it starts accumulating again. If I hit play with 'maximize on play' selected, there is no memory issue, since 'scene' view is hidden. It also never releases the memory it has accumulated.

I can also replicate the behavior if I am not in play mode, and just have a particle system selected (playing in scene view).

I have installed the latest version (4.1.5f1) and tried earlier versions (4.1.3 and 4.1.4) and get the same result.

2. vicour

vicour

Update:

Useful info if not already known: My dual monitor setup was specifying my integrated video card as my primary display adapter. In this mode, Unity appears to have a memory leak related to scene view. Once I switched my primary display to my nvidia card, the memory leak went away.