Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity memory leak if 'scene' view is active

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by vicour, Jul 10, 2013.

1. vicour

vicour

To whom it may concern-

I have a memory leak that will eventually kill Unity very quickly. In a brand new project, with no assets in the project at all, if the 'scene' view is active on play, Unity accumulates about 15-25 mb/sec and will not stop until it busts the memory cap and freezes. If I select a different tab that hides 'scene', the memory accumulation stops. Once I select 'scene' again, it starts accumulating again. If I hit play with 'maximize on play' selected, there is no memory issue, since 'scene' view is hidden. It also never releases the memory it has accumulated.

I can also replicate the behavior if I am not in play mode, and just have a particle system selected (playing in scene view).

I have installed the latest version (4.1.5f1) and tried earlier versions (4.1.3 and 4.1.4) and get the same result.

2. vicour

vicour

Update:

Useful info if not already known: My dual monitor setup was specifying my integrated video card as my primary display adapter. In this mode, Unity appears to have a memory leak related to scene view. Once I switched my primary display to my nvidia card, the memory leak went away.