Search Unity

Resolved Unity MARS Crash on Android Devices with Newest Version of ARCore (?)

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by alijarasyidi, Sep 15, 2021.

1. alijarasyidi

alijarasyidi

So our team implementing AR feature on our game using Unity MARS published to Android and iOS. Until recently, I think about a month ago, there was no problem. The AR functionality works fine. But recently we encounter crash when users access AR feature (AR feature implemented on separate scene).

We try to troubleshoot it, here are what we've found as of now :
    • Crashes only persist on certain devices, and only on Android (as of now on iOS devices still works fine). We found out that the devices that crash have the same ARCore version, that is 1.26.212010383
    • Usually on devices that don't have ARCore compatibility, it only prompt user to install ARCore, not crash. And before access AR feature we already checking the AR compatibility, device that don't support ARCore will go to another scene that use less accurate AR function (using gyro, not MARS). But the devices we stated above access scene that use MARS AR (because the do support ARCore).
    • When we try track the cause of crash, we found that it most likely persist on MARS sessions script. We cannot edit the script so we are not sure where it happened.
    Does anybody know the issue? We very much appreciate the help

2. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @alijarasyidi ,

Do you have a project / a script we could use with exact repro steps so we can look into this?

3. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

Follow up.

It seems that 32bit only ARCore enabled apps that arent updated will fail to create an ARCore session that might crash when attempting to start an AR session on 64 bits; have you checked on this? https://developers.google.com/ar/64bit

4. alijarasyidi

alijarasyidi

Hi @jmunozarUTech , Thanks for responding!

I attach the controller script that handles the AR feature scene (There is also MARS session script on the scene). The overall function is to take picture with pokemon-go-like character on the screen. I also attach packages that we used for the project. Hope it will help!

No, we haven't checked the 64bit requirement, will check it soon. If it is the cause, what would you recommend to resolve the problem?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  5. alijarasyidi

alijarasyidi

Update. We already resolved the issue!

Yes, I think the cause of this issue is the 64bit requirement which @jmunozarUTech addressed.

We enable ARM64 as target architecture on Project Settings/Player on Android section. Although the build size is significantly larger, now it works perfectly fine.

jmunozarUTech and jmunozar like this.