Search Unity

Question Unity Mars - 3d Model not tracking...

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by jcahn93, Dec 17, 2021.

1. jcahn93

jcahn93

In a recent update to the application I'm working on we updated the "face mask" to allow our gameObjects to show in what appears to be "inside the head" which is working as intended. In the Device View and in general in the editor the app works 100% as intended.

When the app is pushed to iOS the 3d Model no longer tracks...

Any ideas on ways to confirm tracking outside the editor?

^^ in XCode the Debug states that we are preforming face tracking and all logging states we are working, but the game object isn't working? Again this issue is only occurring on build and NOT in the editor.

2. jcahn93

jcahn93

/bump really would love to know if Unity has seen this bug w/ Mars or not?

3. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

If you make a new scene with a Face Landmark Visualizer does that work when you run it on the device?

4. jcahn93

jcahn93

No, that being said I am pretty sure the limitation of UnityMars only allows for one instance of a Mars Session so switching scenes has caused issues as well. Not sure if there is an update for Mars that would allow for that.

5. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Ah, we've seen issues with face tracking when switching scenes specifically on iOS. Is this only happening when you switch scenes?

6. jcahn93

jcahn93

Yes, I tried removing the component "MarsSession" script from the AR Session Origin when switching scenes but that didn't seem to work either.

To just state this as well I re-added the component "Mars Session" to the AR session Origin in the other scene when starting it up.