Search Unity

Unity - Manual (Typos)

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by alphavirus, Sep 12, 2017.

1. alphavirus

alphavirus

I have been reading through the entire user manual and I have many minor suggestions that I hope to submit to the appropriate parties. These suggestions include grammatical, spelling, inconsistency, and items that don't match the software. I currently have a total of 37 items. I submitted a formal ticket earlier this year but have yet to receive a response. Can anyone assist me with this?

Unity manual located here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityManual.html
    Unity version 5.5 was used to find the items.

Here are some examples.

This screenshot shows the manual instructs to click "Add", but the software button is titled "Apply".
    add apply.PNG

This screenshot shows the manual is missing details about the "Bake Light Probes For" function. bake light probes missing.PNG

This screenshot shows a basic typo "This can resulting in faster load times", should be "This can result in faster load times". can resulting in.PNG

This screenshot shows the manual advising the use of an asset called "Fire Add", but the asset in the Particle Package is called "ParticleFireball". particle fire.PNG

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Have posted a bug report for the doc team. Will try and locate the ticket and see what happened.

3. alphavirus

alphavirus

Graham, thank you for your reply. Let me know what I should do next.

4. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Pinged you.

5. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Doc team suggesting that the bug list gets added to the bug report you posted. Currently there is just a small list of issues at the top of this forum post.

6. alphavirus

alphavirus

I have submitted the 37 items to customer support. For reference, the ticket number is #141623.

Thank you, Graham-Dunnett, for your assistance with this.

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hi there,

I've been made aware of this ticket which we will inform the Docs team about. You should have a response to your ticket in the next day or two.