Search Unity

Unity Locks up for a few seconds every few seconds... constantly

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jtsmith1287, Jan 25, 2019.

1. jtsmith1287

jtsmith1287

I've been googling like mad, everyone has different problems. As far as I can tell Collab isn't on (it's a gray check mark and says I need to link my account). The editor is becoming unresponsive constantly. It's so frequent, every few seconds, it's impossible to do any work. It's happening both in play mode and interacting with anything in the editor. It will seem like things are fine for a few seconds and I'll click a button or drop down and nothing will happen. A few seconds later I'll see I can click the button and everything is fine... for a few seconds until it does it again.

My profiler isn't showing that the editor is even stopped during this. The whole editor will freeze for 3-4 seconds and it'll say it's been 15ms in the profiler.

There's nothing recent that I can find googling. If anyone can help me with this that would be great. I'm at a standstill with this. I've had task manager open and between task manager and profiler it doesn't look like anything is happening. The rest of my desktop continues operating normally during all this. It's just Unity.

2. People had some very strange problems with high refresh rate mouse and Unity editor. Is it possible you have a gaming mouse with high refresh rate (1000Hz or something)? At the moment it can cause problems. If yes, you probably can lower the refresh rate to 250Hz.

3. jtsmith1287

jtsmith1287

I do have a high refresh rate mouse, but I just came here to update on what the issue was that I discovered accidentally. My wired xbox one controller had a loose cable connection. Every time the controller disconnected it would lock up unity, same when it reconnected. There was no device plugged/unplugged sound coming from windows so I had no idea it was happening. I swapped to wireless connection to test something different and the issue went away.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.