Search Unity

Unity locking up on build and cant even get back to editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by keblight, Nov 5, 2018.

1. keblight

keblight

Hi so I tried to make an iOS build of my project and it froze on me. I turn off the computer and re open unity and my project...it immediately says it has to reimport files and it tries to build or switch platforms, Im assuming to ios again...and it freezes same as before. I cant get into the editor to do anything or stop it from trying to reimport. Anyone have any solutions for this?

2. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

try deleting your Library folder (and Temp folder, if it exists) and trying again

3. keblight

keblight

I tried deleting the library...but not the temp...I'll try that too. Thanks for the response.

4. keblight

keblight

It didn't work...I didn't have a temp folder that I could find. I'll try some other things...but if I cant fix this it's like not being able to use a project that you've put so much time into and got pretty far...really sucks.

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Roll back to a previous revision of your project that you know successfully built, and verify it still builds (that will tell you if it is a problem with your project, or something else causing the problem). If it still successfully builds, then diff between the version of your project that successfully builds, and the one that freezes, and try to figure out what could be the cause. Worst case just go through the changes one at a time until you find the one causing the problem.

If the older revision still doesn't build, even though it did before, then I'd look at Unity itself, or possible issues with your computer.

Good luck.

6. keblight

keblight

I'm using an older version of unity...5.6.5. I didn't sign up for rollback...so I dont have that feature...I got it working again but everything is all.messed up. It's a mess. I'm gonna start from scratch and make more frequent backups

7. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

If you aren't already, you should really use source control. It's the best type of backup there is: it uses very little space (for a backup), and lets you create "commits" which are like bookmarks in time that you can always go back to. With source control, you always have the option to rewind to an earlier version of your project. You can even try crazy things that might ruin your project, then simply revert the changes if you didn't like them.

Try looking at or SourceTree or Tortoise Git if you're interested and not sure where to look.

8. keblight

keblight

Thanks for the advice though much appreciated!