Search Unity

Question Unity Locking Animation Keyframe Values to Weird Values

Discussion in 'Animation' started by RealDragonHours, Mar 11, 2022.

1. RealDragonHours

RealDragonHours

Hello, I was trying to move an object using root motion animation but when trying to create animations, the values I enter into position/rotation parameters for keyframes are locked to a portion of what I entered. I have no idea if I've done something wrong or if this is a Unity problem since this is the first time I've used root motion.

If you need me to expand the hierarchy or show something else let me know and I'll happily oblige. Thanks

This GIF shows what I mean problem.gif

2. Billy123456789872222221

Billy123456789872222221

So root motion is something that you can enable to cause an animation to play correctly from any position/rotation. Since it's doing calculations for a potential new position of the object (these are calculations based on you're original animation), it won't let you mess with the position anymore unless you disable root motion to mess with the original animation that root motion is calculating off of.

Only slightly off-topic, I'm experiencing a problem with an animation for a drawer in which I enabled root motion. When I enabled it, the drawers extended outwards way too much for seemingly no reason at all.