Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Light Baking error?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Doomer022, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Doomer022

Doomer022

[Umm, yeah soo...today it fixed itself...yeah, I guess this thread can also be deleted now!]

Okay, I just found there is a category for this very topic I'm having trouble with, so Ill just repost the whole thing here! Very nice! :D

Hello! I ran into an issue with Unity today that I cant seem to fix in any shape or form. Yesterday, it worked just fine, but now no matter what, it doesn't work.

In short, Unity doesn't seem to be able to bake lighting in any way in any project or scene, no matter what Unity version I use.
    I tried clearing the Cache GI, disabling and then re-enabled the Baked and Realtime Global Illumination, changed a registry entry to benefit Unity more, reinstalled the version I used, then installed a newer version. All this, for nothing.

I have no idea what would be causing this issue at all. I even replaced the JobProcess.exe file with the one my friend has (he had the same Unity version), and it doesn't seem to help anything! Any ideas what would be causing this? Or, a better question, what should I do at this point? Anything? Thanks!

Also...its interesting that the error changes between projects, but the log above it is always the same. Does it seem like something doesn't let Unity connect up with something? (Versions I tried: 2017.4.18 and 2017.4.36 - I prefer these two, because I'm just used to everything it has to offer :D )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    kristijonas_unity likes this.