Search Unity

Unity "Let's Play" youtube channel - I NEED GAMES!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eteeski, Dec 22, 2012.

1. eteeski

eteeski

Click here to go to my youtube channel, ETeeski2

Normally I do tutorial videos as you can see here (ETeeskiTutorials), but I'm making a second channel just for playing games, ETeeski2.

So far, I've had lots of fun making videos playing unity games and playing them from the standpoint of a game developer. I really want to keep it going, but I need help.

What I'm really looking for is indie games that were made by a small team or one person, and games that I and the viewers can really learn from and relate to. I think it's one thing to do a let's play of a big game like "oh, a big professional company made this..." but it's much more fun to do a let's play of a game like "hey, I know the guy who made this. I talked to him on the forums."

What I need help with is finding games. Either just a game that you know of, or a game that you made yourself :)

Here's some of the videos that I've made so far:

There's more videos on the channel, but these were the ones that I had the most fun making and I really want to make more videos like these.
    I really want to continue to improve the quality of my videos and commentating gameplay, but to do that, I need practice. And to get practice, I need games to play. And I really want to play games that were made in the unity community and indie/hobbyist game dev community :)

Thanks everyone for your time :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. goldbug

goldbug

Would you like to review mine? Block Story? It is written in Unity by 2 indi developers.

It is a game inspired by Minecraft and Maplestory, it combines the blocky mineable terrain with RPG elements. It works in PC, android, iphone and Mac.

3. eteeski

eteeski

pm sent :)

4. topaz7

topaz7

This will definitely help Indie devs to get audience on their game. Good work you are doing there and subscribed you.

5. Prion Games

Prion Games

I am doing the same thing currently. Cept we do games beyond just Unity. But this is still a good idea.

6. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Hey have you thouhgt of breaking the videos into bite-size chunks say 13 minutes or so so you could get more ad money from it that way (thats what all the big youtubers like radbrad and pewdiepie do)

7. eteeski

eteeski

I have thought about that. I want to do that, but it's sort of tricky. My problem is that I never know how long I'm going to be playing for. I'm going to try to set up a timer or something.

8. eteeski

eteeski

thank you :) yeah that's the goal. I've a lot of fun trying this thing so far :)

9. eteeski

eteeski

Oh yeah, I saw your channel :) we do have similar channels :) well, I'm not making a rule that I'm only playing unity games. so far i've played one non-unity game on this channel. I'll probably do more in the future. but being that I'm much closer and involved with the unity community, i predict that most of the games will be unity. what it really comes down to is whether or not I have anything interesting to say about the game.
    BTW checked out your portfolio. awesome UI's :)

10. The Ghost

The Ghost

The second video kinda got me down, was working on a game similar to that :(

11. Prion Games

Prion Games

Thanks for the comment. :)

12. eteeski

eteeski

Don't worry about it, keep working :) Your game will have its own style and uniqueness. No two games are ever the same.

13. The Ghost

The Ghost

Yeah, I will. It just kinda sucks to see a game similar to to your concept, cause then you feel like a copycat.

14. Paradigm-SW

Paradigm-SW

15. eteeski

eteeski

bump, just added another video to show as an example. It was an interview with teamINOV. There was some really cool information in there :)

16. Sajid_farooq

Sajid_farooq

17. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

play my game "karsega 5: bloody return 3d" (made in unity) - 3d models and programming by one person (me)

18. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  19. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Hey Eteeski, I will have something for you soon. Its for the DX 11 competition. ;)

20. eteeski

eteeski

oh awesome, i can't wait to see it :)

21. eteeski

eteeski

22. eteeski

eteeski

ok im gonna try, but so far, holy crap it's hard :b

23. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Heres the first gameplay footage. Just under 3 weeks of work so far. :)

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

24. topaz7

topaz7

25. eteeski

eteeski

i think you sent me the wrong link, but I'm subscribed to you, so i saw the video anyways. Looks awesome. I can't wait to play it :)

26. eteeski

eteeski

eh, it looks impressive. It's well built, I'll give it that. My only problem with it is that it's sooooooo impersonal. Nowhere on their website or in their game (that I could find) was there any sort of credits. Who made the game? not even to mention who programmed what and who modeled what. And on top of all that, I could find nothing creative about the game. I only played it for a few minutes, granted, but what's the point in playing (or making) a game that is 100% generic? If I played it on my channel, I would just complain about how boring and non-creative it is. I don't think anyone would want to watch that. Thanks for the suggestion though.

27. topaz7

topaz7

Well, you got a point there.

28. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I bet it would get more views then anything else. When TB did his bore-z video it got around 6 times as many as usual.

29. khanstruct

khanstruct

Once we get our update submitted, I'll see about getting you a copy of our game, Starfall: Ronin. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

30. eteeski

eteeski

hmm I'll think about it. I don't want to come off as a jerk, and many of my viewers are making modern military fps's (most of them pretty creative though) and they might think some of my comments are directed at their game too. I'll think about it, maybe it could make a good video.

31. eteeski

eteeski

looks awesome. yeah let me know when it's ready. I'd love to play it.

32. carmine

carmine

33. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

34. Somedays

Somedays

35. majordillow

majordillow

hey eteeski you should get a load of this new game im working on with a few friends its gonna be apocalipta is what we might name it so far..lol we are just now restarting because the way we wanted the player setup and the way we had it was waaayyyy different and now with some help with your tutorials we have the weapon pick up i started with 1.17 download because i have previously been through 20 some of your videos and we ditched your ideas but we have come back because they make more sense than others to us lol but you may have seen me mr awesomly cool on twitter recently and yes i have two equippable weapons that you can pick up its basically like call of duty im starting to go in and watch your clips and ammo tuts because i thought i could make my own(i am wrong ) and i also have bullet drop with different bullets set to different weapons the sniper rifle shoots farther than the pistol for instance if we are using your scripts eteeski is there any copyright issues we must to take care of if we decide to release this game?i am not sure if we are going to charge for the game it depends on how popular and success ful it is

36. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Dat run on sentence..