Search Unity

Unity lessons about interactive applications. Not about games! You know these?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by exveln, Feb 11, 2019.

1. exveln

exveln

Hello all! I am interested in developing different interactive applications. Such as interactive infographics, 3D map, and other information applications. But all training courses about game development! I have taken several courses, but I lack a lot of knowledge... Are there courses specifically about interactive applications? Have you seen? Share please!

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Welcome.

Well, Unity is a game engine. It's not the ideal tool for creating more event-based applications, to be honest. But you can certainly do it.

How is what you want to do so fundamentally different from a game that you need specific tutorials for it? Do you still want to show 3D objects? Do you need UI? Mobile support? If you're referring more to general project management, best practices, and things like that, those kind of guides are sadly missing from the game development angle as well. But that's usually because the specifics of each team and project mean there's not generally a single way to "properly" run any given project.

exveln likes this.
  3. exveln

exveln

Thanks for the reply. Yes, all the information in unity manuals. I thought maybe someone had already made tutorials out of it. Like games. That would be easier.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I doubt you will find many, if any, tutorials for Unity that don't involve the creation of games. The only exception I think to be likely would be non-interactive stories or short films.

But games at their core are really just interactive applications. So I don't see why really any Unity tutorial wouldn't be useful for what you're likely trying to do.